Do you love “New York Style” cheesecake? What about chocolate? You’re about to make a simple and delicious homemade chocolate cheesecake that combines them in a dessert, with an Oreo Cookie Crust, that is going to be your new favorite. This chocolate cheesecake recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day, any holiday party or just a romantic dinner. Once you make this, I think you’ll agree this is one of the best and simplest cheesecake dessert recipes you can find. You’ll blow your family and friends away with a dessert favorite you can make in just a few easy steps.
This Chocolate Oreo Cookie Crust Cheesecake is super easy to prepare and I guarantee you can make this taste better than anything you’ll find in any restaurant. Serve this with pride, knowing it’s not store bought, but made with love. Watch this video, make your own and send me some pictures of your own chocolate cheesecake.
- 20 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into pieces, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of flour
Optional: Chocolate syrup and homemade whipped cream for topping, strawberries.
HEAT oven to 325°F
In a bowl mix cookie crumbs and butter, press onto bottom and slightly up the sides of 10-inch spring-form pan.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
While crust is baking, make the filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth and well blended, about 5 minutes. Stop mixer to scrape the bowl and the beater occasionally.
Melt chocolate in microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl along with the instant coffee powder. It might take a minute or two. Be sure to watch it and stir it if you need to, to avoid burning. Add the melted chocolate / melted coffee mixture. Mix. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing at medium speed after each egg is added, until all is blended making sure to scrape down the batter with a spatula. Add flour and mix until smooth.
Remove crust from oven, but keep the oven on and let the crust cool for 5 minutes then pour the filling over crust.
Bake for about 60 minutes or until the cake is cooked but still has a slight jiggle in the center.
Remove from oven and loosen cake from rim of pan by running a knife around the inside of the pan. Cool for at least one hour before refrigerating. Leave rim on the pan and cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or over night.
Before serving, remove rim from pan and decorate as desired.
- Wrapping foil around the bottom of the pan helps to keep anything from dripping out while baking.
- It is best to store the cheesecake in the spring-form pan until ready to serve. The pan will protect it from getting bumped in the refrigerator.
- Slice cake using a hot, wet knife, wiping knife blade clean in between slices.
- Store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
- Whipped Cream Cheese can be replaced for half of the recipe. I sometimes like to use 2 whipped and 2 regular 8 oz. packages.
- For the semi-sweet chocolate, I have found that Ghirardelli is one of the best for flavor.
Please click on the buttons above or below and share this on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.